My Planned Journey (first half) 2nd half on the bottom of the page


View Transamerica Northern Tier in a larger map

Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Packing and traveling 6-9

School finally let out, so it was time for me to pack up my things and head out.  It's amazing how much stuff I've decided that I need to have for this journey.  When I weighed it all out, it was over 56 pounds!  and that's with me really limiting what I'm bringing to the bare necessities.


Then it was into the car, and the 14 hour drive to Vancouver, Washington.  I made it just in time to have a little birthday dinner with my parents.  Then, the next morning it was back to training.  



The ride was pretty nasty.  I rode out to Ridgefield, WA, about 16 miles away.  I've ridden the route many times over the years, training for other trips, but I had forgotten how difficult it can be.  It's got some really steep hills, which are made worse by all that extra weight I'm packing.  By the time I got to Abrahm's park, I was glad for the break.


Now, I'm off the grocery store to pick up some spices to help make my one pot casseroles a little more appetizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment